If you’re an iPhone user, you may be able to find out about its “Find My” program to help you locate lost or stolen devices. With iOS 15 update, Apple has added more usability to this app. Now, you can get a device even if there is no internet. And, in case your iPhone runs out of battery and you haven’t put it in, you still have a chance to get it. In this tutorial, I will walk you through the steps of finding a stolen iPhone when turned off.
Detect stolen iPhone when turned off
Initially, the app can find a device as soon as it is turned on or search for the following location on the network. But with the new features, Apple will add the convenience of locating lost devices even when they’re offline.
First allow, find out which iPhones support these new iOS 15 features. You can test an iPhone even if you haven’t used it if you’re using one of the following examples:
- All models are the iPhone 13 series, and
- iPhone 12 series and iPhone 11 series.
The best way to know if the feature is supported on your iPhone is when you turn off your phone, you will see “Get the iPhone out of power”Under the power slider.
Improved Find My iPhone Feature
If you’re new to the iPhone or haven’t installed the Find My app yet, here’s how to get started:
1. Go to “Set” and tap your name at the top.
2. Now tap on “Find my” from the next list and on the next page click “Find my iPhone”.
3. Now, enable the toggle next to “Find my iPhone”.
4. With iOS 15, you will see two other options here-
i) Find my connection- To allow you to find your iPhone even when offline, and
ii) Send Last Location- Sends the last location of your iPhone to your Apple account if the battery is critical.
5. Place the switch next to these switch options.
And that’s only for Find My Face on iOS 15. After allowing it now, someday, unfortunately, if you can’t find your iPhone, you can get in the way of using the app Find My app or iCloud.
How to locate your lost iPhone?
If you’ve misused your iPhone or it’s been stolen, you can either go through iCloud on the website or use the Find My app on another iPhone.
On the website
1. Open any browser and go to iCloud.com/search
2. Sign in by using the Apple ID locked on your iPhone.
3. After you log in, you will see a green dot on the map showing the status of your iPhone.
4. Click on the green dot and on the “i” button.
5. Now, you will see three choices to make on your iPhone- Play Sound, Lose Mode, and Erase It.
i) When you touch Play Sound, a sound will be played on your phone so that you can receive it. This feature is for when you mistakenly place your phone somewhere nearby.
ii) If you select Lost Mode, you can enter a phone number that allows you to be called and also drop a message. Once you do this, the phone will be locked until its passcode is entered.
iii) Finally, if you want to remotely delete your iPhone data, choose the third option.
On the App
If you want to use the Find My app to find your phone, you can use another iPhone to do the same.
1. Open Find My App on your friend’s iPhone.
2. Click on me now and then scroll up to see the “Help a friend” option.
3. Get up and the iCloud login page will open on Safari, enter your Apple ID and password.
That’s it. After this, all features are the same as the website and maps directions to get to the final location of your iPhone.
Needless to say, if your iPhone is running iOS 15 and qualifies for the latest features, you may be able to detect it even when turned off.
Research method: Using Material Tracker
If you want to fool your iPhone with things so that it can’t be stolen or lost, there are a few other ways to do it. Well, you can use an iPhone case that comes with a built-in device check.
These cases come with a built-in GPS sensor and you may have a tracking system or controller. And if your iPhone is disconnected from you, either the administrator will tell you if you can later be tested to use their app.
And this is how you can track your stolen or lost iPhone even when it is turned off or offline because of the website. We know losing your iPhone is a very frustrating experience, therefore
You can also follow us for quick tech stories Google News or for help and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, participate GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest video book reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.