Laptops today are an essential part of our lives. From working 9 to 5 to binge-watching the entire Netflix show, using such devices has a huge impact on our routines. But in this endless cycle of usage, our laptops eventually slow down and start slowing down the tasks we want to perform. In this article, you will learn the 5 best ways to speed up your old system.
Also, Read | 2 How to Check Computer Health in Windows 11
5 Best Ways To Speed Up Your Laptop / PC
Remove Unrequired Software from your System
The first and foremost step is to give your system a significant boost in the speed of removing unwanted software. This software requirement uses critical storage systems such as power management and storage which makes the system slow to use for current continuous operations. You can do this by following these simple steps.
- Introduce the Control List in your program.
- Click above Remove a Program under the heading Programs.
- Classify and find inappropriate programs below and ii get rid of them.
Limit Process Programs To Speed Up Your Computer System
Start Process those software programs start running automatically as soon as your system boots up. Many startup operations cause delayed execution of the rest of the programs because the resource system will be busy starting programs that were set to run after booting. You can easily set up the programs you want to run as a start by following these simple steps.
- Press this combination key pule + sifi + Esc together to promote the boss.
- Click on Start up Tab, you can see here the list of programs that are running at startups based on their experience.
- Canceling a program from running at the beginning, right-click on that program and click on it Cancellation
Perform a Disk Cleanup
Disk Clean-up is one effective way to boost the speed of your slow system. Disk Clean-up helps to free up the space occupied by temporary files, on-line thumbnails, and information on the web that accumulate on the disk over a period of time. To perform a disk cleanup, follow these simple steps.
- Open ‘This PC / My computer.
- Right-click on the disk drive you want to clean the disk.
- Click above Property
- In the bottom right, click up clean disk.
- Effective Disk Clean up will show how much space will be freed up after deleting data.
- Check the boxes needed and click on it Very well.
Upgrade to a Solid State Drive (SSD’s) and Increase system speed
This method involves changing your storage devices to more than one. Traditional Hard Disks are generally slower than today’s Solid State Drives by up to 50 times faster than the hard disk. There are 2 ways you can install an SSD in your system.
- Replace your Hard disk with an SSD.
- Connect your Hard disk to an SSD and use a hard disk for storage using the drive caddy.
Add more RAM to your system to Speed it up
Another good way to do this involves upgrading your existing hardware is by providing more RAM. Adding more RAM to your system will ensure that your body conduct all operations properly during multi-tasking. There are many high-powered RAM options available from well-known companies such as Corsair, Kingston, and even WD elements. You can choose one according to your need and your budget.
Wrap it up
And, in this article, you’ve learned about the top 5 ways you can speed up your old laptop or PC and get the most out of it. If this article helped you achieve the same, don’t forget to hit the like button and share it with your friends. As always, Stay tuned for more articles like this.
You can also follow us for quick tech stories Google News or for help and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, participate GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest video book reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.