Spotify The desktop software is ideal for music lovers. You can use it for listening to music and to control the playback on other devices. However, one of the bad things about Spotify is that it starts automatically when you boot your Windows computer. And, even if you don’t want to use Spotify, it will start to slow down, and you’ll have to close your hands. Thankfully, it’s easy to disable auto -startup for the Spotify desktop app. Here are three quick ways to stop Spotify from opening initially on Windows 11, 10, 8, or 7.
Stop Spotify From Opening on Startup on Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7
By default, the Spotify desktop app starts automatically when it is on your computer. This ensures inexperience but may slow down the process and also lead to a crash on low -end machines.
And, if you don’t use Spotify every time you use your PC, you can be prevented from starting on your own using the methods provided below. The methods will work Windows 11, Windows 10, as well as on Windows 8, and 7 computers.
1. Disable Auto Start in the Spotify Desktop App
The easiest way to stop Spotify from starting automatically on Windows is to turn off the start of playback on Spotify sites, as shown below.
- Open the Spotify desktop app on your Windows PC.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right – select Status.
- Write down and click up Shows high levels.
- Now, look for Start with window behaviors.
- Click the drop -down list under “Open Spotify after you log into the computer. ”
- Change from Minimized or Yes to no.
Also, if you don’t want Spotify to run backwards after you close it, uncheck the switch for “Close button should minimize the Spotify window.”
2. Launch Spotify Start in the Windows Task Manager
The built-in Task Manager on Windows allows you to manage which programs are allowed to run during startup. Using the same, you can stop Spotify from running at the beginning, as follows:
- Newspaper Win + X on your desktop and select Task Manager. You can also find and open it from the Start menu or press CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- Once the task is done, open the Start up tab
- Lenei, right-click the Spotify app. Select Cancellation.
- The condition should be changed from Used to Full.
That’s it. The Spotify desktop client will no longer open automatically at startup on your computer.
3. Use Spotify Web Player
Another option is to use Spotify’s website which works more or less the same as the desktop app. If you don’t want the Spotify app to consume resources on your computer, write on it tere.spotify.com in your browser to enjoy music. If it suits you, uninstall the app.
Keep in mind that the website offers a much lower price compared to the customer service desk. It provides 128bps bitrate for free users while revenue streams get 256bps bitrate. On the other hand, the computer system offers 160bps for no credit and 320kbps for paid users.
In addition, the desktop client allows you to download Spotify music for listening while Offline Mode, which is not possible with the website.
Wrap it up
Here are some easy ways to stop Spotify from opening automatically at startup on Windows 11, 10, or older Windows 8 and 7. You can probably disable the startup in Spotify sites, manage or switch to the entire website . However, which option did you look for? Let me know in the stories below.
You can also follow us for quick tech stories Google News or for help and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, participate GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest video book reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.