Google Maps, there is no denying that it provides the best and most accurate experience to its users. It is constantly being updated to give you the best information in real time. You can also contribute to this process by posting photos or videos of places on Google Map. In this article, you will learn 3 ways to add photos, videos to places on Google Maps. It is also possible save your favorite places to Google Maps using your phone or PC.
Also, Read | 7 Google Maps Tips and Tricks to Use on Your Phone
Add Photos, Videos to Places to Google Maps
Google Maps allows you to promote your business or review and add photos/videos of a public place to Maps. This contribution will help you reach more customers and increase your position as a local guide in the area. All entries are reviewed and approved before they become part of Google Maps.
You can use a lot of photos and videos but a lot should not exceed 5 MB and 75MB each. You can refer to Google Maps guide before submitting items to Google Maps. With that said, let’s look at 3 ways to add photos/videos of public places to Google Maps.
Add Photos/Videos to the Site on the Move
Follow these simple steps to add photos and videos to Google Maps from your phone.
- Open Google Maps App.
- Find and navigate to the location where you want to post photos.
- Pull it up slide to view information.
- Write it down and search for Add Photos.
- Choose your photo or video.
- Press the Please note in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Your submitted photos/videos will be displayed on Google Maps upon review.
Add Photos, Videos to Site on PC
You can also use your PC or laptop to post photos or videos directly to places on Google Maps. Follow these simple steps to achieve consistency.
- Open Google Maps on your website.
- Find the location where you want to add photos and videos and click on it.
- Scroll down to find out Add a Picture.
- Select the picture or video you want to install and press Enter.
- Your image will be uploaded and reviewed for display on Google Map Location.
Use the Google Photos App to add photos directly to maps
Did you know that you can quickly post a photo of a place or a video from your Google Photos app to Google Maps? With the latest Google Photos update, you can select and share photos/videos of a place directly on Google Maps. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open Google Photos App on your cell phone.
- Select the photo you want to share on Google Maps and open it.
- Tap on it Share Bookmark.
- Select e Add to Maps.
- Choose one from list places on Maps and tag pictures to share.
- Press the Please note sends a photo/video of the location.
- Your share will be displayed on Google Maps when the review is passed.
Bonus Information: Add a Missing Location to Google Maps
If you notice that the location you are looking for is not available in Google Maps, then you can manually add a location with its corresponding photos / videos. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Search for the area you want to provide the missing location.
- Right click and select add a missing location.
- Fill out all the information for the business/location and attach the relevant photos and videos.
- Click above Submit to provide the information for review to the Google Maps Team.
In this story, you learn 3 ways to add photos and videos to places on Google Maps. If you find this article helpful, then click Like and share it with your friends to help them become aware of these Google Map features. As always, stay tuned for more How-tos like this.
You can also follow us for tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets review, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or listen to the latest shared videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.